Banquet Server & Bartender – Job Description
Part Time – Seasonal
REPORTS TO: The Executive Chef
PURPOSE: The Carey Institute for Global Good is dedicated to making a better world by contributing to a strong, educated and just society.
POSITION: The Banquet Server & Bartender is responsible for guest and client services on behalf of the food and beverage department.
Note that, pursuant to the Carey Institute’s COVID-19 mitigation protocols, individuals must be fully vaccinated upon commencing employment, subject to legally required exemptions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivers exceptional service to all guests and clients of the Institute
- Sets up the buffet table with chafing dishes, plates and serving utensils. Make sure all chafing dishes are clean.
- Monitors buffet levels and cleanliness, and alerts Chef on duty when required
- Serves and clears plates, silverware and glasses from tables
- Set tables for next service
- Polishes all silverware
- Keeps coffee and tea supplies stocked
- Fills sugar bowls and salt and pepper shakers
- Does side work as instructed
- Keeps wine cooler filled
- Makes iced tea and lemonade
- Inspects dining room for cleanliness
- Clean and care for surrounding function areas; including but not limited to trash pick-up, bottle and can returns, watering flowers, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Behaviors:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Evenings, weekends and holidays are a regular part of the schedule.
- Understand and adhere to safety standards and dietary training practices.
Pay is $20.00/hour.
In keeping with our mission and values, the Carey Institute is committed to equal employment and volunteer opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability or genetic information, existing military obligations or veteran status.
This policy applies to all areas of employment and volunteer participation, including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, termination, layoff, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
We are committed to modeling diversity and inclusion, and to maintaining an inclusive environment with equitable treatment for all.
If you feel you would be a great fit for the Carey Institute, please email your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
63 Huyck Road, Rensselaerville, New York 12147