The Center for Learning in Practice
We serve learning providers across disciplines and contexts.
Whether you are a teacher, farmer, healthcare worker, journalist, or any other kind of professional, many types of knowledge are necessary for you to be successful in meeting the needs of your community and achieving your goals. Success requires the ability to effectively use the tools of your trade or create new ones as the need arises — this is what we call practice mastery.
Practice mastery results from knowledge and skills that enable you to adapt your practice to highly specific contextual factors; navigate institutional, local, state, national and international policy; master codified technical knowledge; create effective program design and generate and analyze data.
Every organization and every individual who works for global good will have access to high-value, high-impact, sustainably designed learning.
To improve professional learning and knowledge sharing in and across civil society organizations through Sustainable Learning programming, research, and services.
Provide Sustainable Learning Opportunities
Sustainable learning enables practitioners to develop effective practice through collaborative reflection on experience and on actionable data to meet immediate objectives that have long-term impact on organization effectiveness.
- To be a leader in the design of professional learning practice and policy, that measurably improves performance, outcomes, and impact
- To establish a system of programming and certification for individual and organizational Sustainable Learning — knowledge, skills, and application
- To facilitate productive relationships between practice and policy actors that result in sustainable environments for learning and knowledge sharing
- We will support professional learning and knowledge exchange design, implementation, and assessment that improves performance, outcomes, and impact
- We will share and generate evidence-based knowledge about effective sustainable learning practice and policy
- We will build productive relationships between practice and policy actors that result in sustainable environments for learning and knowledge sharing
We facilitate learning that assures a continuous feedback loop between knowledge, learning, and practice.
By Julie Kasper—Digital Promise–February 13, 2019– For every lesson plan I toiled over while teaching English as a New Language for 16 years in New York City and Tucson high schools, there were at least 15–20 adjustments made as I enacted that lesson plan with real people in real time. The efforts I made in those […]
January 2019 Note from the Director Looking Forward to 2019 We hope that the start of this new year has been a positive one and that there is much you are looking forward to in 2019. We are excited about many projects big and small in the year ahead. Among those, we are thrilled to be working […]
CENTER FOR LEARNING IN PRACTICE STAFF
For more information contact:
Julie Kasper, Refugee Educator Academy Program Manager