The Center for Learning in Practice
We serve learning providers across disciplines and contexts.
Whether you are a teacher, farmer, healthcare worker, journalist, or any other kind of professional, many types of knowledge are necessary for you to be successful in meeting the needs of your community and achieving your goals. Success requires the ability to effectively use the tools of your trade or create new ones as the need arises — this is what we call practice mastery.
Practice mastery results from knowledge and skills that enable you to adapt your practice to highly specific contextual factors; navigate institutional, local, state, national and international policy; master codified technical knowledge; create effective program design and generate and analyze data.
Every organization and every individual who works for global good will have access to high-value, high-impact, sustainably designed learning.
To improve professional learning and knowledge sharing in and across civil society organizations through Sustainable Learning programming, research, and services.
Provide Sustainable Learning Opportunities
Sustainable learning enables practitioners to develop effective practice through collaborative reflection on experience and on actionable data to meet immediate objectives that have long-term impact on organization effectiveness.
- To be a leader in the design of professional learning practice and policy, that measurably improves performance, outcomes, and impact
- To establish a system of programming and certification for individual and organizational Sustainable Learning — knowledge, skills, and application
- To facilitate productive relationships between practice and policy actors that result in sustainable environments for learning and knowledge sharing
- We will support professional learning and knowledge exchange design, implementation, and assessment that improves performance, outcomes, and impact
- We will share and generate evidence-based knowledge about effective sustainable learning practice and policy
- We will build productive relationships between practice and policy actors that result in sustainable environments for learning and knowledge sharing
We facilitate learning that assures a continuous feedback loop between knowledge, learning, and practice.
Advisors Collaborate to Host Action for Teachers of Refugees Event Rensselaerville, N.Y.—Eight leaders in learning design have signed on to the Carey Institute for Global Good’s advisory council for the Center for Learning in Practice. These advisors include: learning ecosystems expert Dr. Cathy Casserly; knowledge management author, Nancy Dixon; Sarah Dryden-Peterson, associate professor at the […]
Education Program Grows to Advance Learning and Knowledge Across Sectors Rensselaerville, N.Y.— The Carey Institute for Global Good announced today the launch of its Center for Learning in Practice. The center’s objective is to improve professional learning and knowledge sharing in and across civil society organizations through programming, research and services, particularly in the education […]
CENTER FOR LEARNING IN PRACTICE STAFF
For more information contact:
Julie Kasper, Refugee Educator Academy Program Manager