(Click the photo to enlarge and view more images)
In 1897, Edmund Niles Huyck, a successful Rensselaerville industrialist, commissioned noted Albany architect Marcus Reynolds to design this stone-and-shingle summer residence on a hill overlooking the hamlet.
Huyck House is the oldest and most distinguished building on our campus. Remodeled in 2001 and returned to its original splendor, Huyck House is available as a meeting space and lodging. Each of the residence’s seven bedrooms has a private bath. Four of the bedrooms contain one bed each, two of the bedrooms contain two beds each, and the largest bedroom contains three beds.
Huyck House meeting space consists of a formal meeting room, a library with a working fireplace, and a living room with satellite television. Guests have unlimited access to the Huyck House business center and kitchen. In summer and fall, guests frequently gather on the home’s large stone porch, which overlooks meadows and the Catskill Mountains.