The Carey Institute for Global Good in Rensselaerville, NY is hiring for a Sous Chef. This is a salaried, permanent, full-time position with benefits.
- Planning of menus that are healthy, flavorful, has variety and has all dietary restrictions, if any, taken in consideration
- Preparing enough food for all the guests and staff to consume
- Writing out all prep lists for the next days menu
- Supervising all utility and prep staff in cleaning both front and back of house, prep work, cleaning of dishes, pots and pans, glasses and silverware and closing procedures
- Assisting with the purchasing of all food and supplies
- Helping to keep list of items that need to be ordered
- Working to utilize products and leftovers to have as little waste as possible
- Helping to keep dry storage room, walk ins and refrigerators as neat as possible
- Assisting in baking of all break foods if needed
- Assisting in planning and executing all team events for corporate clients
- Receiving and proper storage of foods being delivered
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Three years’ experience cooking in a professional kitchen
- Culinary Degree preferred but not necessary
Reports to: Executive Chef
Job Type: Full-time
Interested applicants should send a resume to John Murray at email@example.com.
The Carey Institute for Global Good is dedicated to making a better world by contributing to a strong, educated and just society. The roots of the Carey Institute estate date back to 1924 when students from around the world gathered to promote global understanding that could lead to peaceful resolutions of differences following World War I. When the Institute was founded in 2011 with a generous seed gift from the friends and family of Wm. Polk Carey, as well as the W.P. Carey Foundation, our goal was to support Bill’s vision of re-establishing this original spirit of dynamic inquiry to create meaningful change in the world.
Today, the Institute is tackling some of the most challenging issues of our times through programs that strengthen democracy, improve professional learning and knowledge sharing in the education sector and contribute to a more sustainable future for rural economies.