Sales & Service Coordinator – Job Description
REPORTS TO: Sales and Marketing Manager. This position is an active member of the Sales & Marketing Hub and Conference Services Hub.
PURPOSE: The Carey Institute for Global Good is dedicated to making a better world by contributing to a strong, educated and just society.
POSITION: The Sales and Service Coordinator is responsible for a variety of day-to-day Sales functions, including prospecting and coordinating groups, meetings, weddings, social events, developing targeted email and phone follow-up campaigns from our Salesforce CRM, and executing event operations and business development in multiple markets. Must be organized, outgoing, energetic, self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
The Sales and Service Coordinator will maximize revenue while representing the Carey Institute and embodying our hospitality standards. This position will work very closely with the Sales & Marketing Hub, and the Conference Services Hub.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Marketing & Lead Generation
- Work with Sales & Marketing to develop and execute targeted campaigns.
- Researches and identifies new leads and marketing opportunities.
- Conduct cold calling and follow-ups (average 3 per business day), updating and maintaining contact databases.
- Build relationships with new clients and foster relationships with existing clients.
- Answer phones and emails, represent the property and collect inquiry information.
- Respond to leads within 6 business hours of receiving, guest correspondence, securing contract, creation of Planning Sheets and managing payments.
- Coordinate site tours to see our space, and scheduling of events on the calendar.
- Negotiate contracts and book event space.
- Manage administrative and operational responsibilities for the coordination of groups, meetings, weddings, social events, catering events from inquiry to invoice.
- Conduct post-event follow up with clients to ensure successes and secure future planning.
- Update sales databases and shared information files.
Guest Service Coordination
- Work within the Guest Service Department 50% of the time, at a spread that fluctuates with seasonality.
- Present at the front desk to answer phones and work with inhouse client requests.
- Anticipate guest needs and ensure that service exceeds expectations to ensure a memorable and pleasant experience.
- Create and revise meeting and event requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring space is reserved and properly set for event, communicating menu to back-of-house in advance to ensure menu inventory.
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean up for events as necessary.
- Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing and reporting.
- Close out all events as required, including final billing and invoicing.
- Follow up with client to gauge satisfaction.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Follows annual KPIs (key performance indicator), manage quarterly plan to achieve measurable goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Enthusiasm for our beautiful, historic location and organizational mission, and an eagerness to share that with others.
- Passionate about making sure guests have a positive experience with a high level of respect to the significance and importance of each event.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and troubleshooting abilities.
- Ability to learn new computer applications and database systems quickly.
- Ability to create drag-and-drop HTML emails.
- Ability to build relationships with guest and prospective organization/program partners as a front-line ambassador.
- Meet and exceed sales projections.
- Excellent organizational skills and an eye for details.
- Experience with planning, coordinating, staging and evaluating events.
- Possess strong leadership skills with the ability to give clear, positive direction and keep staff motivated when working in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Computer proficient with experience using Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting without compromising quality results.
- Ability to maintain a positive, polished and professional image.
- Works well under pressure and resolves challenges while calm and professional.
- Possess valid driver’s License with clean 3-year history and no DUI convictions in the past five years.
- Minimum of one (1) years’ experience in the hospitality industry with conference and/or event planning.
- Willing and able to work varying shifts, weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Experience with reservations or event/catering software, such as SalesForce.
- Experience with workplace computer programs; MS Suite, Quickbooks, Sharepoint.
- Basic graphic design skills.
- Knowledge of general wedding traditions and expectations.
- Knowledge of general meeting planning practices and terms.
- Event planning and/or coordinating experience.
- Keen aesthetic eye.
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner with-out guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Work under stress from contact with public, demanding deadlines and changing priorities and conditions.
- Work outdoors and exposed to natural elements.
- Understand and adhere to safety standards and practices.
In keeping with our mission and values, the Carey Institute is committed to equal employment and volunteer opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability or genetic information, existing military obligations or veteran status.
This policy applies to all areas of employment and volunteer participation, including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, termination, layoff, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
We are committed to modeling diversity and inclusion, and to maintaining an inclusive environment with equitable treatment for all.
If you feel you would be a great fit for the Carey Institute, please email your resume and cover letter detailing your suitability for this position and stating your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note only applications including both a resume and a detailed cover letter will be considered.
63 Huyck Road, Rensselaerville, New York 12147
Phone: 518.797.5100 | Fax: 518.797.3692 | www.careyinstitute.org