Seeking Prep Cook
Job Description |
REPORTS TO: Executive Chef
PURPOSE:The Carey Institute for Global Good is dedicated to making a better world by contributing to a strong, educated and just society.
POSITION: The Prep Cook Position is an entry level position that provides kitchen assistance to the Chef team of the Carriage House Restaurant at the Carey Institute. They will also ensure compliance with banquet menu planning sheets, food preparation safety standards, and Carey presentation standards in coordination with the entire food and beverage department.
Ideal Candidate will be polite and confident with a great deal of patience. They should also possess excellent interpersonal communication skills and have the ability to work in a fast paced, team environment.
Dimensions of the Position:
- Assist in the planning of menus for dinner that are healthy and flavorful with variety and all dietary restrictions taken into consideration.
- Prepare enough food for guests and staff to consume.
- Assist in writing out all prep lists for the next night’s menu.
- Assist in cleaning both front and back of house, prep work, washing dishes, washing pots and pans, glassware and silverware.
- Completes closing procedures.
- Assists with ongoing inventory and notification of needed items.
- Responsible for organization of dry storage, walk-ins and refrigerators.
- Receiving and proper storage of foods as delivered.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Behaviors:
– Kitchen / Prep Cook experience preferred.
– Evenings, weekends and holidays are a regular part of the schedule.
– Understand and adhere to food safety, and work-place safety practices.
– While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
– The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
In keeping with our mission and values, the Carey Institute is committed to equal employment and volunteer opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability or genetic information, existing military obligations or veteran status.
This policy applies to all areas of employment and volunteer participation, including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, termination, layoff, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
We are committed to modeling diversity and inclusion, and to maintaining an inclusive environment with equitable treatment for all.
If you feel you would be a great fit for the Carey Institute, please email your resume and/or letter of interest to email@example.com
63 Huyck Road, Rensselaerville, New York 12147
Phone: 518.797.5100 | Fax: 518.797.3692 | www.careyinstitute.org