Seeking Evening Concierge
Job Description |
REPORTS TO: Guest Services Manager
PURPOSE:The Carey Institute for Global Good is dedicated to making a better world by contributing to a strong, educated and just society.
POSITION: The Evening Concierge position is an entry level position that provides banquet set-up, audio visual, and concierge services to guests and staff of the Carey Institute. They will also ensure compliance with banquet set up planning sheets, audio visual equipment care standards, and guest service standards in coordination with various departments.
Ideal Candidate will be polite and confident with a great deal of patience. They should also possess excellent interpersonal communication skills and have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Dimensions of the Position:
- Act as the point of contact for guests who need assistance and information.
- Set up and break down conference rooms according to planning sheets as well as maintains cleanliness standards for equipment and meeting rooms.
- Assemble and arrange conference equipment in conference rooms per event requirements.
- Open rooms for use adjusting lights, sound volumes, and temperature as needed for each room before guests arrive.
- Ensure proper use, storage and maintenance of all Audio Visual and meeting room equipment.
- Maintain high standards of safety and cleanliness in all areas of the Carey Institute campus.
- Communicate any areas of need, problems, and concerns from guest to supervisor and other departments.
- Work with other departments to coordinate changes for room activities, meal details, and maintenance needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Behaviors:
– Valid NYS Driver’s License
– Some A/V Experience Preferred (Microphones, Projectors, Speakers, Wire Management)
– While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
– The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
– Evenings, weekends and holidays are a regular part of the schedule.
– Understand and adhere to safety practices.
In keeping with our mission and values, the Carey Institute is committed to equal employment and volunteer opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability or genetic information, existing military obligations or veteran status.
This policy applies to all areas of employment and volunteer participation, including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, termination, layoff, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
We are committed to modeling diversity and inclusion, and to maintaining an inclusive environment with equitable treatment for all.
If you feel you would be a great fit for the Carey Institute, please email your resume and/or letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
63 Huyck Road, Rensselaerville, New York 12147
Phone: 518.797.5100 | Fax: 518.797.3692 | www.careyinstitute.org