Five Course Beer Pairing Dinner
Saturday, October 21, 2017
Join the Carey Institute’s Carriage House Restaurant for its second dinner event held in collaboration with the Helderberg Brewery. Each of our five delectable courses will be paired with a 6 oz. brew selected to complement the dish. Arrive early for a cash bar at the Carriage House Restaurant at 5:00 pm; dinner begins at 6:00 pm. Stay late at the brewery until 10 pm, and sleep over on the Carey Institute’s country estate in one of our historic guest rooms. A buffet breakfast will be served in the Carriage House Restaurant Sunday morning.
For directions and a campus map, click here.
Five Course Menu:
- Roasted butternut squash and apple soup with toasted pumpkin seeds, caramelized leeks and maple cream (Helderberg Oktoberfest Style Ale)
- BBQ ribs, slaw and corn bread (Helderberg Oatmeal Stout)
- Cucumber, tomato and blood orange salad with micro greens, New York sharp cheddar, beer vinaigrette and Za’atar (Helderberg Classic American Pale Ale)
- Brown ale and butter poached halibut fillet with mushrooms, crispy pancetta and beer sabayon; Spiced couscous with local root vegetables (Helderberg House Saison)
- Dessert Buffet of: Pumpkin olive oil cake; Warm apple crisp; Flourless chocolate cake (Special New York State guest beer)
$250 per couple includes two dinners with beer pairings, overnight lodging and buffet breakfast, taxes and service fees.
$70 per person for dinner and beer pairings only, including taxes and service fees.