The part-time (20 hours/week) Development Associate is responsible for supporting the Director of Strategic Partnerships and other Senior Leadership positions in implementing fund development activities to achieve annual fundraising goals for the Carey Institute for Global Good. This position requires thoughtfulness, diligence and strong decision-making skills. The Development Associate will play a critical role in securing the necessary resources for our vital programs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide portfolio support for Program Directors, Board, CEO and other staff as directed. Support includes, but is not limited to: ensuring timely follow-up on current opportunities; identifying opportunities for renewal and growth; creating collateral.
- Research and develop opportunity pipeline and recommendations for outreach strategy for foundations, corporate and individual donors for all programs.
- Meet pipeline development targets.
- Assist in achieving fundraising targets for department.
- Identify opportunities to strengthen donor cultivation and support.
- Salesforce data entry and reporting.
- Ensure coordination between marketing and development teams on key communication and opportunities.
- Assist with grant management.
- Support volunteers.
- Assist in development of corporate donor strategy.
- Event support as needed.
- General administrative functions and other related duties as required.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Unbeatable organizational and multi-tasking skills
Volunteers as needed.
Corvallis, Oregon, Rensselaerville, NY or remote
This job operates in a professional office environment/remote office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing may be required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years of fundraising experience
- Knowledge and experience with Salesforce
- Experience with fundraising tools and databases
- Presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Social Media savvy
- Research and analysis skills
Preferred Education and Experience
- Marketing experience.
- Experience in Education, Journalism, Humanitarian or Environmental sectors.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Hourly — $20-24/hour
Part-time — 20 hours/week
The Carey Institute for Global Good is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and a cover letter to email@example.com by April 21st.