Helderberg Brewery is hiring!
Position: Head Brewer
A great opportunity for the right person–we are a small-scale operation with a big goal of supporting New York State’s farm-to-glass supply chain.
Starting at part-time, estimated 30 hours per week with the potential for transitioning into a full-time position. Salary negotiable, based on experience.
- Produce beer for onsite sale in Helderberg Brewery’s tap room and for wholesale distribution, using 100% NYS ingredients in all beers.
- Maintain Helderberg Brewery’s signature line of beers and develop new recipes.
- Manage brewhouse operations and inventory of raw materials
- Contribute to the Source NY Project through experimentation with NYS ingredients and collaboration with NYS farmers and beverage producers.
- 3+ years of experience brewing beer and/or working in a brewery
- Sound knowledge of brewhouse sanitation and safety best practices
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor while brewing and in the taproom when interacting with the public and conference center guests
- Team player; ability to collaborate and effectively communicate with other brewery employees
- Open to feedback and ideas to improve beer, brewery operation, etc.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Degree or professional certification in brewing science or brewery management
- Business management and/or marketing experience
- Teaching and/or training experience
Helderberg Brewery is located on the campus of the Carey Institute for Global Good in Rensselaerville, NY. The brewery is a part of the Carey Institute’s Source NY Project, which supports New York State’s craft beverage sector. Learn more at http://careyinstitute.org/programs/sustainable-communities/.
This position is currently open. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please send cover letter, resume and references to Rebecca Platel at firstname.lastname@example.org or 63 Huyck Road, Rensselaerville, NY 12147.